French Dressing Braised Rabbit
Drizzled with a luxurious French dressing, this exquisite, braised rabbit recipe is sure to leave an impression with its rich, gamey flavour. Offer it up to your most discerning diners and watch as the rave reviews come rolling in.
- Sauce Craft® Cayenne Pepper Sauce - 2 tsp.
- LouAna Liquid Butter Alternative - .25 Cup
- Whole rabbit cut in half - 1 each
- Salt and pepper mix - as needed
- Smoked paprika - 2 tsp.
- French dressing - 1 Cup
- Garlic fresh, chopped - 2 tbs.
- Onion yellow,medium diced 1 cm - 1 each
- Mushrooms, large sliced - .5 Cup
- Red wine, dry - 600 ml
- Water - 300 ml
- Chicken base - 2 tbs.
- Bay leaf - 1 each
- Thyme, fresh - 6 Sprigs
Cut the rabbit in half and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the French dressing, Sauce Craft® Cayenne Pepper Sauce, and smoked paprika.
- Add the rabbit to the dressing mixture and coat the meat well and marinade.
Heat the grill. On the hot grill, cook the rabbit until it has good grill marks on both sides and is ½ way done.
In the sauce pot heat LouAna and brown the onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Mix the water with the chicken base to make the chicken broth.
Add the red wine, chicken broth, and the rabbit to the pot and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.