Ginger Garlic Basted Short Ribs
Barbecue short ribs with an Asian twist, this recipe bastes the beef in Sauce Craft® Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Sauce for moist and juicy meat just dripping with flavour.
- LouAna Liquid Butter Alternative - 120 ml
- Sauce Craft® Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Sauce - 2 cups
- Thai red pepper, whole fried - 15 each
- Carrots, 2 cm diced - 1 Cup
- Onions, yellow, 2 cm diced - 1 Cup
- Toasted sesame seeds - 2 tbs.
- Black garlic, peeled and smashed - 4 each
- Salt and pepper mix - As needed
- Ginger, fresh, julienne and fried - 240 g -
- Cilantro, sprigs - As needed
- Stout Beer - 2 cups
- Short ribs, beef 4.5 cm thick - 2.5 kg
Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat pan with the LouAna Liquid Butter Alternative. Sear the short ribs on all sides evenly.
Remove some of the excess oil from the pan, remove the short ribs, add onions and carrots cook until brown. Then add in the black garlic and sauté briefly. Deglaze with the stout beer and Sauce Craft® Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Sauce. Add the short ribs back to the pan.
Cover the pan and place in a 135°C oven and braise for 3 hours or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Remove the meat from the liquid. Reduce the liquid by 1/2 and remove any excess oil from the surface.
- Place the short ribs on the serving plate, pour the sauce over the top garnish with fried ginger, fried chilis and cilantro.